Louisville diners are treated to lots of wine dinners, but this one appears to be a bit special.
The De La Torre’s (1606 Bardstown Rd.) Raventos wine dinner, set for Wednesday, May 22, at 7 p.m., will feature Arnau Roca, who is coming from Barcelona as special guest.
As a representative of the Raventos winery, he will speak about winemakers who first planted grapes in 1497.
No, that’s not 1974 mistyped, that date means the Raventos family has been planting grapes for 19 generations. That also makes the family the only true grower of cava.
The family’s philosophy is completely terroir driven in order to produce wines that fully express the geography, geology and climate of their unique, historic lands. All wines at Raventos are sourced entirely from organically and sustainably farmed estate-grown fruit.
Equally nice is Miguel de la Torre will be preparing that evening’s menu. (If you’ve never had is food, you owe it to yourself to dine at the table of Louisville’s only Spanish chef.) It’s not often you get to see Spanish chef and a Spanish winegrower under the same roof and working on the same dinner in Louisville.
- First course: brochette of rabbit with rosemary and cherry tomato, paired with Raventos “De Nit” Rose Cava
- Second course: sea scallops in salsa de cava, paired with Raventos “L’Hereu” Reserva Brut Cava
- Third course: soft shell crab slider with ali-oli, paired with Raventos “De la Finca” Brut Gran Reserva Cava
- Fourth course: wild mushrooms sautéed with Serrano ham and Manchego, paired with Raventos Perfum de vi Blanc
- Fifth course: clams in salsa verde, paired with Raventos Silencis
Price is $65 per person, plus tax and gratuity, and you can call to make reservations at 502-456-4955.